Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th ! (Continued)

Well, I had intended to make this a 3 part posting. I had anticipated having some fun additions to our weekend festivities after a second fireworks show on Sunday night. However, when I was trying to get my kids ready to go, they both looked at me and whined, "Do we HAVE to go?"
What?
Really?
So, Sunday night was spent cleaning the house instead. (I think the fireworks show would have been more fun.)
Monday was fun. We had family over for our annual FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR. All in all, I think things went well.

After a very late night on the 4th, I had to get up this Tuesday morning to return to work.
I was VERY tired.
This is what the morning of the 5th of July looks like:


It's raining now, so we have a lot of soggy fireworks to pick up.

And Myles, who went to a party at a friend's house last night, fed most of the local mosquito population single-handedly. 56 bug bites is what he counted. 22 on one leg alone. (Unfortunately, the world record is 70-something. He looked it up.)
He looks like he's got the chicken pox. We'll be buying up a lot of Benedryl cream.


Happy 5th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment