Monday, March 8, 2010

All Aboard the Old Folks Train


Today I saw several robins while driving in to work. Yipee! So, this is a definite sign that spring is on it's way. I am so ready for it. I think everyone is. This past weekend it had warmed up into the 40's and everyone was out in their spring gear. I saw people everywhere in light spring jackets with their arms crossed across their chests, shivering. I was among them. Winter, you are sooo over! 40 degrees or not, we are wearing our spring duds.

Back to my morning of impending spring cheerfulness. I stopped in Target before going to work to pick up a pop and a snack. After paying for it, a cute guy walked past me and smiled. That's right, folks, I've still got it going on. I've just turned 35 and cute guys are still checking me out. Cloud Nine? I'm on it. So, I smiled back at him as we got closer to passing each other. Then, he said, "How are you doing this morning, Ma'am?"

Ma'am?

Ma'am?

I hopped off of Cloud Nine and started looking around for my bus back to the old folks home.

Super Fantastic Monday Morning had just been flushed down the toilet.

However, I did spot about 10 more robins as I pulled into work. I'll have to dig out my spring-time orthopedic shoes today.


No comments:

Post a Comment