Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Days...

I guess almost everyone is having them right now. The kids were out of school for the past 2 days and I even got to stay home yesterday. I wanted to stay home today as well, but work won out and I had to go in. Stupid almighty dollar.

Even though it was the day after the storm, I still had to drive through these kinds of conditions.

I got home this afternoon and was showing Myles the pictures. He says, "Great, Mom. So, when the driving gets scary, you rummage through your purse for your camera?"

Um, yes. So, watch out everybody.
Yesterday, however, was completely glorious. The kids and I never got out of our jammies. Myles spent most of the day playing on his xbox. There were some new maps for his Black Ops game that became available yesterday so those monopolized all of his time. Long gone are the days of him asking me to help him get to the next level of a Mario game. Now we don't even like the same games. Boo.
Savannah was having fun playing online and chatting with her pal, Shoo Rayner. He is an illustrator and is so kind to the kids on YouTube. Savannah will ask him to draw something and he will post a video on how it's done. Very cool.
I, however, spent most of the day with my butt firmly planted on the couch. It was a day full of crocheting and crappy TV watching.
A small burst of energy hit around dinner time, so instead of cooking something up for us all to eat, I made my lining for my Starling Bag. It turned out SO AWESOME.


If you want to try making one of these, go to futuregirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment