Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Granny Squares and Some Slaying

Ok, I haven't written a blog in a while. I have developed an addiction. To Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I got a free month of Netflix and all 7 seasons of Buffy are on there. I never watched the show when it was on TV. Not once. Now, I can't stop. And this is really how I like my TV series. All at once. None of this waiting all summer long for a new season, no surprise reruns when I'm wanting a new episode. It's fantastic. It's been a little over a week and I've made it into season 3. As a bonus, Savannah has learned some pretty vicious slayer moves that she has tested out on me. I guess she gets to be the slayer and I get to be either one of her sidekicks or a vampire needing a slaying. And speaking of vicious slayings, this is what we found on our front sidewalk this weekend. Bad kitty! Ok, I have completed my granny squares into what will soon be joined and made into a pillow after I weave in all the ends from all those colors. (My least favorite part.) I'm very happy with the results. And I tried making a hex pattern this weekend too. I'm not sure what I'm going to turn it into, but something awesome for sure. I also whipped up these fantastic flower magnets during my Saturday of non-stop Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Honestly, I haven't watched a regular TV show from this decade since last Thursday. And, because of that, we missed the Kids Choice Awards and I'm in some pretty hot water over that one. Luckily, Savannah's nearly as into the Buffy show as I am.) Anyway, our flower sprouts are growing and growing. So far I have no deaths to report. This might be a record for me. And I think I can see a pumpkin trying to poke up through the dirt. YAY! Ok, back to Buffy. Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment