Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Libraries can be Gross!


We frequently visit the local library.  Savannah devours books so quickly, that if we didn't I'd have to get a second job just to support her book habit.  But, luckily, the world has libraries and we know how to use them.

The other day my sister sends me a text that says:

I just picked up a library book to read and a tostito fell out of it.  It wasn't mine.

Gross, right?  But, I responded:

Savannah picked up a library book last night and a fingernail clipping fell out.  

In the gross contest, Savannah wins.

Here is the rest of the story.

She was soaking in the tub after her first afternoon of cross country training.  Her legs were sore so I recommended a long soak in the tub.  Take a book.  She loves to do this.  When she came out, she said something gross happened in there, but she didn't want to tell me about it because it was too disgusting.  Seriously, she said, too disgusting.

No way.  Come on.  Lay it on me.

Ok, she says, taking a deep, calming breath.  "I picked up my library book and something fell out of it.  Into the bath water.  I thought it was just a piece of paper, so I left it there.  And I stayed there in the bath with it.  But it started to bother me, so I picked it up to fling it into the trash.  AND IT WASN'T A PIECE OF PAPER!  IT WAS A FINGERNAIL CLIPPING!"  She shuddered at the memory.

Not only did she find a fingernail clipping in her library book, but she soaked in a tub with it, and then picked it up with her bare hand.

So, let me say here:  People, please, do not clip your fingernails or toenails over your open library books.  It's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment