Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

First blog post of the year.  My goal?  To write a blog a day for the entire year.

I bought a word a day calendar.  So, allow me to broaden your vocabulary.

Today's word:  retrodict -- to utilize present information or ideas to infer or explain (as past event or state of affairs)

I am starting off the new year with some new specs.  I had seen some ads for Warby Parker eyeglasses and after checking out some reviews and their website, I ordered myself some frames for their at home try-on.  They will send you 5 eyeglass frames to try on at home for no charge.  The free part was just too good to pass up.  I had a hard time deciding which frame I liked best, but after much deliberation, I chose the Webb in crystal black.  I really liked some larger frames, but I was consistently being told that they were not my best option and the snickers that everyone was trying to suppress when I put them on forced me to chose another frame.  I went to Target to have my eyes tested.  I knew that I needed a stronger prescription because I'm squinting at my computer all the time.  And, I tried on some of their frames too, but the frames I liked were going to cost me almost $400 if I got the top of the line lenses.  Crap.  The Warby Parker glasses are only $95 and that's including lenses.  I looked into that as well and the top of the line lenses from Target are the same lenses that are included in my $95 Warby Parker glasses.  And, as an added bonus, Warby Parker donates a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair purchased.
The glasses were shipped out to me 2nd day air, so I was able to receive them on New Year's eve.  I really really like them.  So here is the big reveal:


No comments:

Post a Comment