Saturday, March 5, 2011

A New Quick Crochet Project!

I made these cute little crochet arm bands or bracelets or cuff. I'm not sure what I want to call them. But, honestly, these take less than an hour to make. I love a quick project and the finished result is really great. Here's what the first one looks like:

So, my color choice in yarn may be a bit fall-like, but I think there is enough green in there to work for St. Patrick's Day too.

Here is the pattern:

Crochet Cuff:

CH 5

1. In 2nd CH from hook SC, in next CH do a DC, then SC in next CH, and DC in last CH


2. CH 1, turn. In last DC from previous row, do a SC. In next stitch (SC from previous row) do a DC, then a SC in next stitch, and DC in last stitch.


3. Repeat step 2 until you've reached desired length -- ends should just barely overlap when wrapped around your wrist.


4. CH 3, turn. SK 1st DC, TRC in 1st SC (2nd stitch) and in each of next 2 stitches.


5. CH 1, turn. SC in each of the 3 TRC and 1 SC in top of turning CH. Fasten off.


6. Sew on a coordinating button & weave in the ends.


Viola. You now have an adorable cuff! (I think I've decided on calling it a cuff now.) Here's the second one I've made and not quite finished.


Savannah has already requested one. And since they are really so quick, I'll probably make a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment