Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Survived...

The first day of school drop off. No tears (from me) and only a couple of yawns (from me, it's very hard to get up earlier and get the kids ready). The kids were very excited to be going back. I guess I have finally reached the stage where this back to school thing isn't such a big deal anymore. (ok, we've probably been at this stage for a couple of years now, but I'm only recognizing it now.) But, I now have to deal with the fact that I am the parent of a 6th grader and a 3rd grader. And next year I will have a kid in junior high! AAAHHHHH!!
So, once the kids were dropped off, I had to drive in to work. During the 40 minute commute, while commending myself on my holding it together and not crying, Mother Nature started crying for me. It started raining buckets. I could barely see the road, my poor little PT Cruiser was hydroplaning all over the place, the roads were flooding, and I was now really on the verge of tears -- fearing for my life. And, like always, a giant dump truck felt that the best way to handle the torrential downpour and lack of ability for anyone to control a vehicle on the roads was to maintain a safe 3 centimeter distance from the rear bumper of my car. That is SO HELPFUL. Thank you dump truck drivers! I appreciate the tailgating during downpours, ice storms, and blizzards. I am very glad that I am able to lead the way for you! Please know that the finger I am waving in your direction is meant as a thank you for your kindness.

Once the kids were picked up this afternoon, we continued another tradition...

A first day of school afternoon nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment