Monday, August 24, 2009

My kid is 11 and I'm old!

Where has the time gone? Myles turned 11 today. And I'm realizing that 11 years have passed by in the blink of an eye. Also, all day I have been told, "Before you know it..." the kids will be driving, they'll be of to college, you'll be watching your kids's kids turn 11, etc. Everyone -- YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT!! I can't seem to figure out how I went from holding his hand as we walked into a store to him turning 11. I need a time-turner and I need one pronto! (Dumbledore hasn't sent mine yet).
Speaking of freaking me out, guess what B brought home from work the other day? An alien. (aka a praying mantis) I was able to snap a couple of quick pictures of it, but wasn't able to represent the size of this crazy creature to my liking. So, I instructed everyone not to let it go until I got home from work. (This praying mantis was very close to a foot long and I had every intention of photographing it on a rule for proof.) So, I left for work and the praying mantis sat in it's box. When I came home that afternoon, the box was opened and the giant praying mantis was gone. After I accused everyone in the house of sabotaging my efforts to get a good picture, and getting the doe-eyed look of innocence from all, I concluded that the foot long praying mantis might have just used his giant alien arms and opened the damn box himself. A mighty little alien. I'm hoping he stuck close by.
Lastly, I was awarded a gift card from the wonderful people at Auntie Anne's Pretzels for my post about the deliciousness of their bake at home pretzels. It arrived today and I cannot wait to try them again. We have one more official day of summer and in addition to scrambling around to purchase all of our last minute school supplies, attending the school's open house, sorting out all belongings into new desks, picking out first day of school outfits, and dealing with any anxiety. We may have to make a batch of Auntie Anne's pretzels again. Or better yet, I may make them myself as a first day of school afternoon treat. Thanks Auntie Anne's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment